Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Florida Recreation and Park Association. Florida Recreation and Park Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Florida Recreation and Park Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Florida Recreation and Park Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Florida Recreation and Park Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Florida Recreation and Park Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Florida Recreation and Park Association we will take all appropriate action.
Florida Recreation and Park Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
This policy is an effort to describe what personal information we collect and how we use it. You have options regarding the information we collect and it is your responsibility to let us know if you have any questions. You may contact us at:
Florida Recreation and Park Association
2528 Barrington Circle, Suite #1
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Fax: (850) 942-0712
What we collect
Our main website traffic is collected on an overview scale; specific user information is not collected. The discussions posted/actions taken within the eConnect community are linked to the individual logged in and therefore this information is tracked according to the username. Emails sent from FRPA are tracked by email address to the extent of whether the email was delivered, opened, and clicked on. When users use the online store to purchase memberships, meeting or conference registrations, merchandise, etc., this information is stored on the internal database system under the user's account. Additional information on a user's account includes but is not limited to:
- Employing organization
- Associated addresses
- Continuing Education Credits
- Committees/Boards served on
- Any other pertinent information needed to serve the member
Credit card information is not stored on any user's account.
Emails from FRPA
FRPA utilizes your email address to inform you about upcoming events, news, ballots, surveys, and other information related to the park and recreation field. Your information is not sold to commercial enterprises. The system in place for commercial vendors to reach the membership is through the FRPA AdMail, which is controlled and sent from and frpa.org email address. Sponsors of FRPA events are given access to email addresses of attendees on a one time basis.
Online Member Directory
You may restrict the information available on the Online Member Directory through eConnect. Go to Profile>My Profile to update information there. Click on the pencils next to each section to edit. Additional information can be edited in Profile>My Account>Privacy Settings. Email addresses are not accessible on the eConnect Directory.
Linked sites are NOT under the control of FRPA. FRPA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. FRPA is providing these links as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply FRPA's endorsement of the site, product or service.
When logging into frpa.org, you may occasionally get stuck in a cycle of cookies. Try hitting the F5 button on your keyboard before logging in again. This will clear your cookies. Depending on the browser you are using you may have the option to disable cookies as well. See the settings menu for more information.
FRPA houses its own servers, which store any data you have submitted to FRPA via email or file transfer. Additionally, FRPA's database, which houses your user accounts, stores the data on your account on a cloud-based server. There are two additional resources that pull your username and membership status: the website host, Higher Logic, and the Impact Calculator site, Wordpress.
It's your data
At any time you may contact FRPA to understand where your data is being used and stored; access what data FRPA has on file for you, correct inaccurate data, request limitations on how your data is used, and ask for your data to be removed entirely from FRPA servers.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page